Volunteer Surf Instructors wanted for Surf Bus Foundation Santa Monica
Surf Bus Foundation is looking for qualified, responsible, and STOKED out of their MINDS volunteers for an amazing summer of surf camp for youth from Los Angeles. We are running week-long surf camps starting June 19-August 11, 2017.
1. Can-do and stoked attitude,
2. enjoy working with/leading children,
3. have a minimum 1 years of daily ocean experience (body surfing, bodyboarding, ocean swimming, surfing, etc.),
4. Must have current CPR and First Aid certifications,
5. be in good physical condition (part of the interview is passing a physical test that includes an ocean swim, soft sand run, ocean paddle, and a surf session),
6. Middle and high school students are eligible to volunteer (grown up kids, too :-D),
7. Reliable transportation to the beach,
8. Need to keep commitments--the kids need our guidance!
In addition to the most fun ever, this is also a research study on the efficacy of ocean programming for youth. Volunteers will be asked to give interviews and journal about their experiences on the beach with the groms. Visit www.surfbusfoundation.org to see how we do!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
employment type: part-time/internship/non-profit organization